Friday, April 2, 2010

Fool me once...

I love pranks. I have since I was a kid running around Crowley Lake toilet papering friends houses and putting rubber snakes in my mom's bed (got her every time!). I pride myself on thinking up and executing a great prank, like filling 2 entire bedrooms with crumples newspapers up to the waist or convincing a group of boys to streak then stealing their clothes and driving off. But I can also appreciate and accept being bested by a formidable opponent. Such was the case this April fool's day.

I'd been working so hard this week trying to stay caught up on numerous client projects and was feeling a huge case of the thursdays. I had just decided to go down the street for some coffee when we all received an email informing us of a smorgasbord of free Krispy Kreme donuts in the Lobby. Now since I'm really trying to be smart about what I eat, I passed it off initially. But being encouraged by the rest of the interns and really needing to get away from my desk, I follow the march out to the elevator. On our way we passed Andrew, who had sent the email, and one of the interns Jillian made sure to thank him for the heads up. We were all literally salivating in the elevator, Kripsy Kreme's generally have that effect on people.

But the very minute the doors opened to the Lobby, Jillian yelled, OMG April Fools!!! I started laughing hysterically, especially when the others went red with embarrassment and refused to go back up stairs. They desperately tried to think of a lie to tell to make passing Andrew's office less humiliating, even going so far as trying to claim they saw some big celebrity out on Sunset . I however, walked straight into his office, congratulated him on his concept and delivery, and made it known that April fools day or no, he could most certainly expect a response.

The best part was about 3 minutes later, the CEO came barreling in cussing up a storm. He was genuinely upset, not so much to be pranked but more so for getting his hopes up about Kripy Kreme. And needless to say, they have been on everyones mind all day...

So Andrew....Well Done and Game On

No comments:

Post a Comment