Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The weekend went as follows:

Friday

- Got up and ready for the trip to Stonehenge, got to the station, were told that we would not make the last trip home in time, traveled home to eat our picnic lunch on the living room floor of our flat.
- Decided to take the “Original London Bus Tour”, sat in the pouring rain for 4 hours driving around the city. While disembarking, I slipped on a wet rain shield and fell down the stairs of the double-decker bus.
- Hobbled my way to dinner at “Wagamama”, an Asian Fusion Noodle Bar and enjoyed an enormous “Tiger Beer” (It really helped ease the increasing pain of my klutziness
- Stopped in at a pub to enjoy some more liquid pain killers
- Crashed in bed, stiff and swollen at 9:30 p.m.

Saturday

- Slept in and spent the morning stretching my sore back and legs
- Summer went to Portobello Market and had a ball sifting through block after block of vintage clothing, “I got to touch vintage Chanel!!”
- Went to dinner at an Italian place called “ASK”, despite a great looking menu, it wasn’t very good, we won’t be returning

Sunday

- Woke up early to go to Easter Sunday church, forgot that the early service is the “family service” so I was surrounded by dozens of tired, sugared up yougins, not exactly the time I was looking for, but good all the same
- Picked up Summer and headed out to Buckingham Palace, Summer was not impressed and could not believe that the fountain out front had trash floating in it, “can’t she hire someone just to clean that everyday?”
- Walked all the way to the London Eye, saw the 5 hour long line, walked away
- Took the tube back towards Bayswater to Holland Park to have tea and cake at Patisserie Valerie (see pictures.)
- Went to bed early

Monday

- Woke up early and made it to the station to travel to Salisbury, fell asleep on the train, woke up to the sun shining over the beautiful English countryside
- Took the tour bus from Salisbury to Stonehenge, joined the herd of tourists (something I really hate) to visit the site, seriously considered jumping the “electrical fence” to cuddle with a little sheepy, gawked at the monument that no one to this day really knows how it got there, it really was amazing and most certainly worth the trip

All in all, a success. It was so nice to have 4 days to really dig in to life here in London. This week I will be busy writing articles about every one of our camps and events. I have only a 3 day week so I’m already looking forward to another weekend. Oh and plans have changed again, I’m thinking I should just not say anything until it’s done so that I don’t have to keep correcting myself. Summer and I will not be going to Paris this weekend after all. Since I have decided to go there for a few days during my trip after London to see the French Open and don’t want to go twice, Summer will be going while her dad and brother are here to visit in a few weeks. Instead, I would like to see more of the country. I’m thinking Oxford and Windsor, but who knows really.

Everything is going good, my body is feeling fine although still not totally adjusted to the time, and I’m still so happy and satisfied to be here. Can’t believe it’s been 3 weeks already!!

Here is a bunch of pictures, there will be more up in an album on facebook:
Tour Bus, before it started pouring and before falling
Regents Park





The National Gallery



Tower Bridge

The Tower of London



Palace Guard, I saw him shake his head


These girls were pissed (drunk) singing some song





The Buckingham Palace fountain

Big Ben

A protest against Genocide in Sri Lanka on the lawn of Westminster Abbey



Pattiserie Valerie


Our Happy Eater Frog and Elephant Eggs


English Countryside


Salisbury Cottage



Stongehenge


Listening to the Headset


Really cool...how did they get here, and why?


We were really happy to be in the sun


I loved the little sheepys


The "Heel Stone"


Not sure why, but I just like this one

1 comment:

  1. It was so great to talk to you yesterday. I have missed talking with you. Cant wait to hear more about your travels. I love you! Gosh Im jealous of you!

    ReplyDelete